US Exchange Students In Italy Start Fire By Cooking Pasta Without Water

According to Italian newspaper La Nazione, three 20-year-olds bought some pasta and took it back to their apartment in Florence. But they ignored every set of back-of-the-box instructions and they emptied the dry noodles directly into the pot.

Because spaghetti isn’t meant to be seared, it caught on fire immediately. And because people who don’t understand how to fix pasta also don’t know what to do with stovetop flames, the students had to call the fire department.

Unsurprisingly, Italians have responded to the incident with a combination of embarrassment for the students and smug superiority.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Chinese Drivers Try To Deter High-Beamers With Scary Reflective Decals

The Trashtag Challenge Has People Picking Up Trash All Over The World